cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

undelivered sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

i ordered a sim, pay as you go. It hasn't arrived, but i'm receiving emails telling me to activate it.

I cannot get hold, speak, email anyone at o2. i need to report it undelivered so it is cancelled and i want another sent. how can i do this?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

As it's a PAYG sim, you just need to order a new one https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go
No one can do anything with the one sent out already unless it's registered by them but it's probably just lost in the post, or delayed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

As it's a PAYG sim, you just need to order a new one https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go
No one can do anything with the one sent out already unless it's registered by them but it's probably just lost in the post, or delayed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous If you have an O2 store nearby, take the email and your ID and call in and get another free sim. They'll activate it for you there.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
PAYG sims are already "activated" but they need to be registered before they can be used.
What I was trying to explain was that no harm could come to the OP if someone else got their sim as it isn't linked to them until registered and topped up the first time.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Okay, but as the OP is still without a sim they can use, they could call into an O2 store and get another one anyway, couldn't they?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Yes, if it was convenient for them to do so, but the store would charge them for a top up which you don't have to pay if ordering online.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6