cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 DATA SIM FOR IPAD

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying for 6 months to cancel a monthly data payment made out of my Mastercard account clearly described in the Mastercard as being paid to O2.After personally calling at the O2 store before last summer I was given an O2 phone number,as they said they couldn't help, and after numerous calls in Aug 2017 the person to whom I spoke finished by saying "that's it cancelled".Despite his assurances the payments are still being made to O2.I have contacted O2 again last evening and after many trasfers from one dept to another I chatted by e-mail with a lady who requested phone number and sim card number. Upon furnishing these details(I still have the O2 card from which the sim was removed) exactly she responded that the sim and phone number did not match! How can that be when the information was taken from the card in which the sim was bought and the card is clearly O2?

After the very lengthy chat she concluded the chat by saying I need to contact 'Gif-'Gaf'. Who is Gif -Gaf I've never heard of them and certainly the product purchased by me and the payments made monthly are from/to O2?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Use the phone to call rather than chatting http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Use the phone to call rather than chatting http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

This is not O2 customer services we are just customers like you. However Gif Gaf is a sim card company that uses O2 as its carrier(like Virgin uses EE) so it looks as though your number is registered to Gif Gaf who use the O2 network.

If you have a repeating credit card payment you need to contact O2 customer realtions(complaints) and let them know what has been happening. They should be able to sort it for you. I have just had an issue that has had to be resolved and CS were as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike so I asked to be transferred to compalints and it was sorted in 5 minutes. 

The original agent you spoke to may have cancelled your contract but not your recurring card payment.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
giffgaff don’t do contracts so there wouldn’t have been one to cancel.
Payments to giffgaff also show as giffgaff and not o2.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, how are you doing this week? I just wanted to check if you've had any progress with the issue you described, or are you still struggling with it?

Message 5 of 5