Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

top up%20refused

SIMONPATRICK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I try to top-up on line, this does not go through even though a screen appears saying that authentication for my card has been successful.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122907 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions
Message 11 of 15

SIMONPATRICK
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, it's still an active SIM, and the charge has not appeared on my bank statement. I have never succeeded in topping up online, but have previously been able to do it at an O2 shop (now closed). I can't do it from the phone itself because the SIM is in fact in our entryphone system (when someone visits, it rings a phone in the relevant flat), not in an actual phone.

Message 12 of 15

SIMONPATRICK
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I observe that nobody has been able to produce a reply to this in the last ten days. I have written (yes, a real posted letter) to O2, so we will see what happens.

Message 13 of 15

SIMONPATRICK
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In the end, given that auto-top up for the other sim had worked with the same debit card as had been refused on MyO2 and by phone (obviously something seriously wrong with O2's system) I got the sim out of the entry phone and put it into an O2 phone, then set up a separate O2 account for it: topping up on the phone didn't work either but I did succeed in setting up auto-top-up (again with a card which had been rejected for other methods of topping up). No reply from O2's correspondence centre (letter sent 2 April), and the community posts above are mainly irrelevant chit-chat between other users. So altogether an absolutely hopeless system. I'd like to suggest that O2 simply give an email address for queries which the help pages don't cope with. Alternatively they could simply have a system that accepts cards properly. There was a hint of what was to come when the lady in the shop, when selling me the sims in the first place, said that you can top up from another phone, immediately followed by the words "oh no, that doesn't work at the moment"!

Message 14 of 15

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Irrelevant chit chat

It's a community

Many members give up their time trying to answer queries as chat is down

This has been a life line for many members

O2's systems do give issues, these issues we can't help with as we can't access accounts

O2 won't see nor respond to your suggestions

Message 15 of 15