Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

technical problem help please.

petal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have an 02 123 sim. my problem is that i have kept my initial phone number which was originally on a tesco phone, for some reason even though i am not with tesco and am using a completely different phone now, my phone still has tesco mobile show up on the main screen and when i receive a voice mail message, the reminder says i have a voice mail message and to click on the number which is tescos voice mail number, i have to go through contacts to find the 02 voice mail number. i had a long online chat with tesco and a factory reset was suggested, and the removal and reinsertion of the sim card, all of which i have done, to no avail. in my contacts i have the tesco customer service/ top up numbers etc at the top of the list, along with the 02 customer services.

any ideas please. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23115 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@petal If you message O2 via social media they should be able to help you with this:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144511 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

@petal 

You will need to go into your contacts and delete the Tesco ones as these would have been pulled in from your old Tesco sim into the phone memory.

For your voicemail number go into the phone app and then settings. Find the voicemail number and change it to 901, then save it.

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

petal
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have been going through things on my phone as i am unable to delete the tesco numbers as suggested, and have come across APN settings, which are supposed to be moved across automatically, but looking at mine they are still on tesco moblie, and the network is tesco mobile. i have put the details in for apn settings for o2 which i have found on the net, but the network cannot be changed from tesco, i can do a search of networks and have a list come up , but there is no listing for O2. i am going to message O2, but if anyone has any knowledge of this sort of thing i would be most grateful. thank you for your previous help above.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144511 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

@petal 

Are you certain that you have the O2 sim in the phone and in the correct sim slot?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

petal
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

love this xxx .there is only one slot for the sim, and its o2 who i am paying.xx

Message 6 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6632 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

I think we have to look to the phone here. 

What make and model is it?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 10

petal
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi there, its  probably a bit of an oldie to some, an alcatel one touch pop star 5022X .android version 5.1

Message 8 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23115 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@petal Your phone might qualify as an antique. 7 years old and more than 7 iterations of Android versions out of date. Time for an upgrade, I think.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6632 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

I see it is 3G / 2G only

Networks are phasing out 3G, so maybe time to think of a change.

You could try your new O2 SIM in another phone. If it comes up with O2 then you know the problem lies with your present handset.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 10