Did you mean: 

possible disconnection

straggler100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have a SIM on Classic PAYG and have just seen that if I don't top up every six months my number will be disconnected. Is this true? I thought I just had to use the phone every six months to keep it active.

I live abriad and use my O2 number when I return to the UK to visit (about once a year).

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@straggler100 

You need to call or text at least once every 6 months and top up every 999 days. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

straggler100
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. But where do you get this information? It says top up every 6 months or get disconnected on the applicable tariff page

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Knowledge built up over the years. The website is wrong and has been reported many times.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

straggler100
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That sounds like it could be right - I'm sure I haven't topped up my phone for a long time but it still appears to work!

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It will be fine as long as you do as advised above.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hello @straggler100
It is working like that, my family have PAYGO very worried too sailed passed 6 months fine. Just remember to use text or call at least once 6 months. Best wishes and welcome to the o2 community forum

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 7