Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlatching code doesn’t work

Lozza1994
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just received an unlatching code for my device however my phone is saying it is incorrect and I’m now not sure what to do to get it unlocked. I only have 5 attempts left so I don’t want to play around with it until I know what I’m entering is correct 😞
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Lozza1994 

Have you followed the info in this guide?

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Lozza1994 

Also checking if you are sure your phone IS actually locked? O2 have been selling their phones unlocked since July 2018. You could test this by using a non O2 sim in your phone to check.

Edied to correct info

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Lozza1994
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for sharing the info, it’s not an iPhone and I have followed all the other steps. I have inserted the new sim from another network and when prompted I have keyed in the unlatching code but the device says it is incorrect so I’m not sure what to do. I have tried it a handful of times and have made sure it is correct before confirming
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Lozza1994 

You need to use the old sim in your phone to unlock it. Once unlocked you can then insert the new sim into the phone.

The easiest way is by using the link found in your MyO2 Unlock (this assumes that it is the current phone you are using is the one you want to unlock)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Lozza1994 

What phone and what is the actual error message?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6