cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to leave PAYG with refund

Anonymous
Not applicable

After trying out O2 for signal for a few months.. (it’s dire and so are the speeds) I’m going elsewhere.. 

I know some of you have had the email from Marjo about leaving PAYG, forfeiting your number but getting a refund... which is why I’m posting this here..

So I’ve rung 4445 and spoke to ‘capita’ who deal with PAYG on behalf of O2 and they know diddly squat about this situation and quote O2 terms and conditions which state that no refunds will be given. A manager was involved and also refused to refund any amounts.

They even had the cheek to mention that as the community is a forum, that Marjo wouldn’t be working for O2 and therefore couldn’t be speaking on behalf of O2!!!! Get a load of that!!!

So I’ve emailed Marjo for his input and we’ll see where we go from here!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions

To be fair, that is what the statement made by Marjo states.

A: The PAYG team confirmed that the refund can only be processed on an active account. As soon as the refund is processed the account is disconnected and the number can’t be ported out to a different network.

If the customer would like to leave O2 and keep the number they would need to use all their remaining credit before porting out.

When the customer calls to get a PAC Code they are advised that if they don’t use the remaining credit before the number transfer, it will be lost as O2 can't issue a refund on disconnected pre-pay account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

And the social media team are saying NO REFUNDS are given even on an active PAYG account which isn’t what was said.

from my last email..

We're aware of this and we've raised this internally. Please be aware that this refund was processed as a one off exception due to the issues that you've had and that refunds on Pay and Go aren't available. 

Message 12 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I can't believe that you were misinformed in the first place @Marjo

I honestly didn't know that they gave refunds to payg customers, so was surprised and pleased to hear they did

Now that info is wrong.

All I knew  when I moved from PAYG to Contract my remaining balance was credited to my new account.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 19

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good to hear it got sorted for you @Anonymous. We'll double check the refund information we got earlier so we can clarify on that, apologies for the confusion so far! see_no_evil

Message 14 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Marjowrote:

Good to hear it got sorted for you @Anonymous. We'll double check the refund information we got earlier so we can clarify on that, apologies for the confusion so far! see_no_evil

Well... certainly not your fault @Marjo I can only imagine you are 'kicking the cat' now.

(Metaphorically speaking of course ):smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriffwrote:

@Marjowrote:

Well... certainly not your fault @Marjo I can only imagine you are 'kicking the cat' now.

(Metaphorically speaking of course ):smileywink:

As @Cleoriff said.. no need for apologies @Marjo this thread was here so people could see the outcome in case people ask in for the future. 

If I've, or this thread has caused any offence then I apologise! 

Message 16 of 19

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

Well we learned something new and now it appears we didn't learn anything new and what we knew in the first place was correct all along so nothing new there then Confused

Message 17 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@AnonymousYou haven't caused offence at all. This was a good thread. We all learnt something from it.

@Marjoattempted to sort out your issue and obviously has received conflicting advice from the O2 teams she spoke to on your behalf.

I expect she is just as frustrated as you. We just went round in a circle and back to where we started joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 19

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

Yes @Anonymous, the only offence is that you worry that anyone would take offence 😉

Message 19 of 19