Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3-2-1 pay as u go data charges con.

Ginka
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a Gps device on payg which acording to 02 says I used 30mb per month on average when I buy a data add on. ..but when I don't buy this add on I get charged an extortionate rate I all of a sudden use 30mb per day and my credit quickly zooms down to nothing...1p per MB my bum..what sort of trickery is this of raiding my credit just because I didn't buy a bolt on....
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
We have no idea what usage is been allocated to your account I'm afraid @Ginka
Have you discussed it with customer service? http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
We do know that on the 3-2-1 tariff that £1 is taken at the start of the data session and then credit is reapplied at the end of the session when it calculates total session usage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
We have no idea what usage is been allocated to your account I'm afraid @Ginka
Have you discussed it with customer service? http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
We do know that on the 3-2-1 tariff that £1 is taken at the start of the data session and then credit is reapplied at the end of the session when it calculates total session usage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6963 Solutions

It does seem excessive but you do really need to speak to customer service about it. Not many of us are on payandgo and we have no idea of your tariff or actual costs. I would have thought a GPS, should only use around 1MB/working day. 

Message 3 of 7

Ginka
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Have spoken to customer services about this previously. ..they just blamed me/my device for using the data..then mysteriously £3 was refunded to my account..Do I need to complain every month about this?

My device uses 30mb max per month..but only when I buy a bolt on....if I don't buy a bolt on...I use 30-50 MB per day and my credit goes down rapidly...it is not refunded and £1 does not get taken then the remainder put back....I should be charged roughly 30p per month for data but if I let it run it would finish of £20 worth of credit in days....it's like I'm being forced to buy an add on when I should not need to..

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
The £3 mysteriously refunded just supports what I said above about how data sessions are charged on this tariff, but also as said, we aren't customer services so cannot know when and how the data is being allocated.
Is the sim only in your GPS device or are you tethering from your phone?
Is anything else connecting and using data etc.....?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Ginka
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just the Gps device no tether i have screen shots of my data usage via the o2 app to prove I don't use move than 30mb per month. But don't know how to post pics...I used the Gps device without a top up for 1 day and 27p was taken..equates to 27mb...it's absolute bolox...I only got £3 back when I complained to customer services who said I would get nothing back,my fault etc..but then a few days later with no world from them £3 returned. I think they know what there doing as you can't meter your data usage without a add on. ..they take more than 1p per mb and you have no way to prove otherwise.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
I'm guessing that's because it rounds up any data usage to the next mb.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7