Did you mean: 

Transferred number and balance not showing on website

Cumbriacalling
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi there

My balance has been transferred from my old number and I'm using my old number on my new phone, but on this website, the only device listed for me is the number that came with the phone (i.e. not the number I'm using) and it shows a balance of 0.00. When I call to check balance from the new phone, it gives the new balance correctly, but how can I get the website to display the correct number (i.e. my old number) and balance, please?

As ever, this is probably very basic, but if someone answers, it could help others in future – thank you!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Cumbriacalling

It may just update itself today. If not give customer services a call

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Cumbriacalling

It may just update itself today. If not give customer services a call

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I've got a similar issue with myo2 not updating so I need to give them a call later myself.
Seems to be playing up just lately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Cumbriacalling
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the replies, but this isn't a recent balance top-up – I'd totally understand if I'd just topped up and it wasn't showing. I bought this new phone almost a month ago and had the SIM changed to use my old number at that point and the old balance was transferred and I sent my first couple of texts from the new phone no problem back in July, so it has obviously transferred ... but when I log on to My 02 it displays the wrong number and a balance of 0.00 and this, as I say, is from almost a month ago. It's not urgent as I hardly use the phone, but unless someone can direct me to a menu item on the website where I'd be able to do this myself, I'll do a chat or call Customer Services at some point.

Cheers.

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@CumbriacallingI would certainly give customer services a call. They will probably have to reset your account. Only they can do that.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Cumbriacalling
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

OK, thanks, I will do at some point. I guess I imagined it happened automatically, like when you upgrade/change a bank account - the bank would transfer the balance, give you a new account number and everything would be done - but no worries, I can ask Customer Services about this.

Thanks again.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It should be automated but like I said it seems to be playing up just recently.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7