Did you mean: 

Switching Providers

Botany1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please could you answer the following questions regarding switch codes:

* If I have requested a new number from the new provider, what happens to the old number and the account?

* I have not activated the new SIM because there are several issues with the existing number; greyed out buttons, apps which I have not purchased - will these issues be rectified once I switch providers?

Please note the new SIM is on a different network.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144672 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Botany1 

If you use a STAC to switch providers your old account will be closed and your old number will be recycled.

To obtain a STAC code text STAC to 75075

Apps which require an active sim will not work until you transfer to the new network and have an active account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144672 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Botany1 

If you use a STAC to switch providers your old account will be closed and your old number will be recycled.

To obtain a STAC code text STAC to 75075

Apps which require an active sim will not work until you transfer to the new network and have an active account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Botany1 , how are you doing today? slight_smile

Please do let us know if you got all the information you needed or if you have any additional questions the community could help with?

Message 3 of 6

Botany1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 Thank you very much for this information, I have had that many problems it's untrue. Thanks.
Message 4 of 6

Botany1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Marjo Thank you so much for your advice, I think that's it for now.
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good to hear @Botany1 thanks for coming back to let us know. slight_smile Have a lovely Friday and weekend ahead.

Message 6 of 6