Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Son accidentally used data while aboard

Bein_overcharge
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can't speak to anyone. Son accidentally used data while aboard......charged £50 for 50mb. I'm possible to talk with O2. Happy to pay cost price. If not I will just cancel my dd. See you in small claims

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Talk to O2 before cancelling DD, as then you will have no phone service and risk your credit rating being affected too.

Number to call O2 Payment management - 0800 902 0217 and others in here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support - talk to them first! They can be contacted by Social Media too, links below. Good luck, @Bein_overcharge.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Talk to O2 before cancelling DD, as then you will have no phone service and risk your credit rating being affected too.

Number to call O2 Payment management - 0800 902 0217 and others in here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support - talk to them first! They can be contacted by Social Media too, links below. Good luck, @Bein_overcharge.

Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Bein_overcharge 

That is the cost price, and you need to pay it.. 

What would be suing in the Small Claims Court, your sons usage of the phone, which is a chargable action, and the charges are as you agreed to when YOU signed the contract... 

Just be aware that cancelling the DIrect Debit will affect you more than it will o2, as your credit file will be damaged, you lines will be cancelled and you will end up with a bigger bill than £50 and at the end of the day o2 will start legal proceeding against you via one of the friendly Debt Collection Agencies, and ultimately a CCJ against you.. 

If you are in financial difficulties and unable to pay as @pgn says speak to o2, or speak to some of the debt  charities such as Step Change..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3