SIM card payg

Malcmw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to get sim for spare phone low usage

i want to say pay£10 to top up and keep that till I need to top up again

i expect to have to make a call within 4/6 months but do not want to have to top up to keep sim active

do you do a sim for that? My main phone works that way now and is perfect for me but need same for very rarely used emergency spare phone

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123072 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Malcmw 

Unfortunately O2 no longer do a classic payg sim where you top up as and when you require. You could get one of those from Tesco or giffgaff.

There is another excellent company here https://www.1pmobile.com/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123072 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Malcmw 

Unfortunately O2 no longer do a classic payg sim where you top up as and when you require. You could get one of those from Tesco or giffgaff.

There is another excellent company here https://www.1pmobile.com/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could call Customer Services and ask them to change you over to one where you just top up £10 and pay for calls and texts at standard rates. You don't need a new SIM they just change it to standard rates and you top up as you want. I did this once with a new SIM and changed it but it was a few years ago. You could always ask. 

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You could call Customer Services and ask them to change you over to one where you just top up £10 and pay for calls and texts at standard rates. You don't need a new SIM they just change it to standard rates and you top up as you want. I did this once with a new SIM and changed it but it was a few years ago. You could always ask. 

As @Cleoriff said, they don't do this anymore, you can only do a monthly bundle on PAYG and it will expire after 30 days.

Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 123072 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Thanks for confirming what I said @Anonymous 

@AnonymousAs I said O2 no longer do Classic PAYG. I note you say it was a few years since you had it? Things have changed since then. Big Bundles are the only PAYG options given by O2. Tesco and Giffgaff, who run on the O2 network, still do Classic.  ie top up  when you want to.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5