Did you mean: 

Porting problems

graffle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi There

I've signed up and paid for a bundle (unfortunately) because I've failed to port my number over. I couldn't get through to O2 and now I'm travelling for the next few weeks.

I requested and scheduled a callback for today a few days back but it didn't happen.

Anyone know how I can stop my plan - or at least stop it renewing and taking my credit?

As far as I know when I'm out of the Uk it won't port now until I'm back.

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35980 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

You need to talk to O2, @graffle - and yes, porting won't work while you are out of reach of O2's UK network. Social Media links for O2 are just below this post, ping them a message to see if there is anything they can do. If you do not top-up, calls become chargeable until you add funds, Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

You may need to source a SIM locally and live with a different number for a while, but if you and those you communicate with use WhatsApp, you will be able to communicate using WiFi until you get back within range of O2's UK network and see if the port completes. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35980 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

You need to talk to O2, @graffle - and yes, porting won't work while you are out of reach of O2's UK network. Social Media links for O2 are just below this post, ping them a message to see if there is anything they can do. If you do not top-up, calls become chargeable until you add funds, Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

You may need to source a SIM locally and live with a different number for a while, but if you and those you communicate with use WhatsApp, you will be able to communicate using WiFi until you get back within range of O2's UK network and see if the port completes. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2