Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone gone to emergency use only - cannot find a way to contact O2

GPDave
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Phone has gone to Emergency Use only and when I try ring up O2 it says Call Failed. I assume they have switched it 'off' as I have not used it for quite while. How do I get it reinstated and my Credit recredited?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hi Dave,

You will need to contact customer services on 03448090222 and they will be happy to reconnect that number with the remaining credit if possible.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hi Dave,

You will need to contact customer services on 03448090222 and they will be happy to reconnect that number with the remaining credit if possible.

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 126438 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Hi @GPDave 

It very much depends on how long the phone has been unused. The requirement is you must make a chargeable call or text in any 6 month period. If it's longer than that your number may have been reassigned.

You need to contact O2 on 4445 and speak to them. Other numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

8am is the best time to call

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

GPDave
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but I do not have another phone in order to ring them on the number you have quoted. I only have a PC and the O2 phone. I will use their facebook page to get through to them.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149993 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28565 Solutions

@GPDave 

You can download Skype to your PC and call the freephone number in the link given by @Cleoriff 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 7

GPDave
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but I don't have Skype on my PC as I do not have a camera or microphone on it. Bit of a technophobe since I stopped working many years ago.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149993 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28565 Solutions

Skype also available as an app for your phone @GPDave thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 7