Did you mean: 

Pay as You Go travelling to Canada

Martinakos
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After reading https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad

I'm still a bit confused. What's the cheapest way for me to use my mobile for about 10 day in Canada?

I send TRAVELON to  21300.

Does this mean I'll only pay £1.99 every day I use my mobile in Canada?  

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Martinakos 

It won't make any difference as no bolt ons available for PAYG in Canada.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Martinakos 

Costs for PAYG:

Get a local sim for data and use WhatsApp to call home.

How much will it cost to use my phone?

Standard rates

Making calls£2/min
Receiving calls£2/min
Sending texts50p/text
Using data£7.20/MB
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Martinakos
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, so until I get a local sim card. Does the sending TRAVELON to  21300 change anything from the standard rates? 
I saw a website where I could get local sim cards from abroad but I'm not sure it they charge you a lot more compared to going to a store in Canada and buying a local sim. 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Martinakos 

It won't make any difference as no bolt ons available for PAYG in Canada.

Message 4 of 6

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Martinakos wrote:

Ok, so until I get a local sim card. Does the sending TRAVELON to  21300 change anything from the standard rates? 
I saw a website where I could get local sim cards from abroad but I'm not sure it they charge you a lot more compared to going to a store in Canada and buying a local sim. 

@Martinakos 

You can buy Canadian SIMs on Amazon UK. I've no idea about the price comparison, but at least you will have it when you arrive in Canada. 

Enjoy your trip. 👍 

Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23993 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@Martinakos Download WhatsApp. If you use it over a WiFi connection you can call, text, or video call anyone in your contacts who also has the app for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6