Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pac number

Kate57
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am currently with 02 and have just signed up for a sim only deal. The sales advisor said I need a pac number from my current provider to activate my new sim and keep my current 02 number. Why do I need to do this? Am I being dim - can't find anything relating to this pac no anywhere. Sorry I said yes to this deal!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Kate57 It sounds as if whoever gave you that advice doesn't have much grey matter between their ears. You don't need a PAC if you're already an O2 customer. Check your MYO2 page for your account status. http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

If it doesn't look correct, you'll have to contact customer service again and hopefully get to speak to someone who isn't a complete moron. Numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support

Because you're not buying anything, O2 won't consider your call important, so use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option if you have to, to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

Alternatively, below is the advice from an O2 Guru on how to get through.
Call 202 from your mobile.
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kate57 

You can just upgrade in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 to a simp and keep your number automatically. 
If you did this off a cold call it may not have been o2 calling you?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3