Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus 6

Molly1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm looking to pre order the OnePlus 6. I recently went to my local O2 store, where the clerk advised me I could buy the handset unlocked, but I am struggling to see where I can do this online without buying a tariff and the Pay as you go phone. Do I need to go in store to buy just the handset, or is it possible for me to do this online?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
There are specific o2 carrier updates for the OP phones. This is so they can support wifi calling on the o2 network.
They won't come directly from OP without testing by o2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@jackalek wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I'll be paying one off sum, no need for credit agreement. I'm after proper UK VAT invoice, which I can't have form OnePlus, so I'm looking at O2 for this purchase. I assume they would be able to provide me with invoice for pay as you go phone purchase ?

Regarding the updates, if O2 has to approve updates then this would be a big no-no in my book, based on previous experience. Since I was burned in the past, I'm always buying phones directly from the phone makers, to bypass the carrier resistance to update the software. It costs me arm and leg but I would really like to avoid branded phone if at all possible.

Once again, thank you for swift response.

Regards

You can get vat invoices but you would have to request them each month. Some members like @jonsie had vat invoicing turned on with his device (ages ago)  and still gets them now even though he no longer needs them. As for the updates, I really suggest you wait for @Chris_K to let you know what that situation is...mine is only guesswork @jackalek

Edited Spelling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 12