Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up PAYG for kids

Vixykins
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a monthly contract and have just got 2 PAYG cards for my kids phones. I want to set up a DD so do I need to make 2 new accounts or can I do it via my pay monthly? Whos details do i put in if i have tp set up 2 new accounts?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you want to do an auto top up? If you want a monthly DD then that would be a pay monthly contract not payg. 

You can call customer service to see if it’s possible 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@VixykinsYou won't be able to set up a direct debit for PAYG. That's only an option for contract phones. 

Your best bet is Auto top up as stated by @Anonymous

You will find it in the guide posted by @jonsie

Remember your FIRST top up for both phones has to be done using a voucher. Nothing will work unless you do that first. 

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Vixykins
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If they run out of allowance, will it automatically stop until renewal date? It wont debit my card again will it?
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

This is the info on Auto top up

*Auto Top-Up

To get started, sign in to your My O2 account and activate auto top-up.

You can then set a regular day or date to top up your mobile, with a specific amount of money. You can even set top-ups to activate when you're low on credit. We'll take care of the rest and you can cancel at any time.

If you read the guide you will see every way you can top up. There may be something that suits you better.

Thinking about it, you may want to think of vouchers. You could then control the limit. ie if they run out before a time set by you, then that's it ....

However, the choice is yours. They're your kids wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
My youngest just gets one £10 a month topup and has to manage his allowances accordingly. It’s a good way for them to learn wink
Keep all the accounts separate so they can have their own MyO2 on their phones to check their usage and learn to manage it to last the month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7