cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On classic 3-2-1 do you have to top up at least every 6 mths?

kuepper
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

or your account is closed and you lose your number? That's what someone told me last night but i don't remember reading it. in the terms. Probably an unlikely scenario but i'd just like to know so I can tell who told me.

Also where does it mention I can carry unused top up forward as long as I use some of it up within six months? That's what I was told before I took out the classic payg.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93242 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You don't have to top up every 6 months, you just need to make a chargeable call or send a text once in any six month period and top up every 999 days. You keep your credit until you have used it all. You never lose your credit unless you leave O2.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 93242 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You don't have to top up every 6 months, you just need to make a chargeable call or send a text once in any six month period and top up every 999 days. You keep your credit until you have used it all. You never lose your credit unless you leave O2.

Message 2 of 9

kuepper
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
just out of curiousity, where does it mention the 999 days?
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@kuepper wrote:
just out of curiousity, where does it mention the 999 days?

@kuepper  Actually it doesn't in the new terms and conditions...(it always did previously)

7.1. If you do not carry out any chargeable activity at least once in any 6 month period your Mobile Phone will be disconnected and you will lose any remaining credits balance on your Account. If you wish to be re-connected after this time you will be given a new Mobile Phone number.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/on-pay-and-go-our-service-terms-are-worth-a-read#bm-o...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

SimonS
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So why does it say the following when talking about Classic pay As You Go

Classic Pay As You Go

When you join Classic Pay As You Go, you pay for what you use, as you go. The minimum top up requirement is £10.

If you don't top up, or add a Bolt On at least once in any six month period, your mobile will be disconnected and you'll lose any credit on your account. If you want to be reconnected you'll be given a new mobile number.

See https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/classic-pay-as-you-go

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
We've reported that before as an error but it takes forever for O2 to update web pages.
It may also be because they want you to think you have to top up, even though you don't, so they get more revenue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93242 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@SimonS wrote:

So why does it say the following when talking about Classic pay As You Go

Classic Pay As You Go

When you join Classic Pay As You Go, you pay for what you use, as you go. The minimum top up requirement is £10.

If you don't top up, or add a Bolt On at least once in any six month period, your mobile will be disconnected and you'll lose any credit on your account. If you want to be reconnected you'll be given a new mobile number.

See https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/classic-pay-as-you-go

Don't worry, many of our members are much more experienced in O2 affairs and their restrictions than most of their advisers and website  designers and their dubious interpretations of O2's own t&c's. A chargeable call or text is all that's required in any 6 month period.

Message 7 of 9

DRM
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can you confirm these T&Cs are still the same.

it’s been a few years since this information was posted.

Thank You 

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@DRM 

A chargeable call or text in a 6 month period is all that's required. Be aware though that O2 don't do Classic PAYG for new customers any longer.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9