Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 refused to unlock my iphone7

VaPr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone was bought in Lithuania in ordinary electronic shop.

Phone was simfree ( unlocked ) and I changed few local network no problems. Last months I tryed to handover this phone to other person and make reseting to make sure no any personal data left behind. After that my phone become a brick.

Likely now I am in UK and have bought O2 sim (pay as you go) so phone been activated. iPhone showing “ no service” I have toped up and bought a bundle for 20£. Still no response!!!! Place sim to other simunlocked phone - no problems!!!

I have a chat online whith O2. Bring them all information they need: sim sn/ IMEI/ my name and phone number but didnt help, the answer was YOUR PHONE LOCKED LOCK IS INSIDE AND WE CANT HELP YOU!!!!

Does any body know what I can do to solve this problem? Shop saying this out of warranty and fact is it was unlocked and I used no problems.

Apple saying O2 only can ask for unlock.

O2 saying go to shop and deal with them!

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

VaPr
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I reseted it

Message 21 of 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The phone is a brick. Send it back overseas and it may well work on foreign networks. However, it's IMEI blocked and no one can get tje IMEI lock removed except either the original owner or the insurance company.

Message 22 of 42

VaPr
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes. Thats I tried to found. To whom I have to adress my problem. O2 refused, they don’t giving any information abt what I have to do.
If this phone is barred they coud adress me to insurance company but the only answer I got from them: your phone locked and lock is inside we can’t do anything!!!
Message 23 of 42

VaPr
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thats I try to find out what is right authority to deal with? 18 months this phone was travelling allover Europe with no problem and once it barred? Magic circle
Message 24 of 42

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As already explained, the phone cannot be unbarred. It is useless in the UK. O2 cannot help you and neither can any insurance company.
Your complaint should be with the person or store you bought the stolen phone from.
It is also illegal to be in possession of a barred phone in the UK so you are also committing an offence too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 42

VaPr
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have asked already O2 officially confirm that phone was barred the reason it still
After I will receive this confirmation I could deal with the seller or in case no satisfaction from him - police
But so far no answer from O2
Message 26 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@VaPr

You have already been told O2 can't help you. Why would they help you unlock a foreign phone which wasn't purchased from them?

This phone is barred from usage in the UK. The fact it worked abroad is irrelevant now.

We are going round in circles.

You need to contact the person or shop who sold you the phone.Your complaint is with them not O2.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 42

VaPr
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
And what I will tell the seller?
I have been told on internet chat it’s barred becuorse it been stollen?
If you do advanced advise me a prove of this fact, I can’t complain with no “ previous owner” complain or official confirmation from those who barred the phone: O2/Apple/ insurance company!
Message 28 of 42

VaPr
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s barred on Apple server. If so someone put complain this phone is stolen please block the IMEI. Who’s this person/or authority?
Message 29 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We can't advise you what to say to the seller. Thats up to you.

However as a suggestion....

Tell them it's barred from usage in the UK and you bought it on the understanding it would work anywhere in the world using any network. It doesn't. No matter what UK sim you put in, it fails to work. Therefore it's barred.

I doubt you will get a refund on the phone as the seller lives abroad and probably doesn't care.

IF it was stolen and sold on to you... then that's fraud.

You could, as I suggested in my first post, try a market stall and see if they can help with unlocking..

Though I doubt it....

I'm sorry you have been the victim of apparent fraud but there is nothing else we can advise on this forum.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 42