Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 refused to unlock my iphone7

VaPr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone was bought in Lithuania in ordinary electronic shop.

Phone was simfree ( unlocked ) and I changed few local network no problems. Last months I tryed to handover this phone to other person and make reseting to make sure no any personal data left behind. After that my phone become a brick.

Likely now I am in UK and have bought O2 sim (pay as you go) so phone been activated. iPhone showing “ no service” I have toped up and bought a bundle for 20£. Still no response!!!! Place sim to other simunlocked phone - no problems!!!

I have a chat online whith O2. Bring them all information they need: sim sn/ IMEI/ my name and phone number but didnt help, the answer was YOUR PHONE LOCKED LOCK IS INSIDE AND WE CANT HELP YOU!!!!

Does any body know what I can do to solve this problem? Shop saying this out of warranty and fact is it was unlocked and I used no problems.

Apple saying O2 only can ask for unlock.

O2 saying go to shop and deal with them!

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
WHat about mobile data?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 42

VaPr
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes. After i put this sim in other phone everything is ok

Message 12 of 42

VaPr
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Mobile data works with this sim on other phone perfecrly
Message 13 of 42

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I mean does it work in the locked iPhone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 42

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Anyway, regardless, I guarantee mobile data will work and your phone is barred to uk networks.
I guess your phone was stolen in the uk and shipped abroad to be sold. Uk barred  phones will work abroad but this is changing with the latest EU regulations.
If it was locked, the phone would say “sim not supported” but you sim is accepted which means it’s not locked, but in fact barred.
It’s useless in the uk except as an iPod or paperweight.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 42

VaPr
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, if phone is stollen somebody should complain abt. Who can make complain if I am the only owner. Thats is my question how to improve phone is mine only and nobody else used it before?

Message 16 of 42

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Complain to where you bought it from. It was likely stolen in uk and the place you bought it is handling stolen property which will now belong to a uk insurance company, not you, unfortunately.
It would never have been discovered if you hadn’t tried to use it in uk.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 42

VaPr
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This phone was packed it was brand knew Does it mean it was stollen from shop/warehouse etc?
Message 18 of 42

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes, or from a delivery lorry etc.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 42

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
"Last months I tryed to handover this phone to other person and make reseting to make sure no any personal data left behind. After that my phone become a brick."

You reset it, or they reset it?
Did the phone leave your sight?
Message 20 of 42