Did you mean: 

O2 claims I took some calls while being abroad and I did not

AlexxH100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,
I am in Dominican Republic and I recently noticed I have been charged 8.90 for something. I contacted Customer Service over a chat and I was advised it’s for 3 incoming calls.
The thing is, that all I have are 2 missed calls (duration 0:00) and I didn’t take any phone calls since I got here, because I know how expensive it is. What is more, I NEVER take not make phone-calls while I’m abroad (I use wifi only, eventually mobile data bolt ons). No one used my phone as I have it with me all the time. Phone call time would be also weird (around 5:00 am). I did not call anyone and no one called me. I complained to o2 as a man (Harish) on chat was rude and suggested I was lying and he refunded the money in patronising way.
I had mobile data off (it triggers roaming off in iphone’s settings too), so I have no idea what has happened. I cancelled my automatic top up because I do not trust o2 anymore and I don’t want them to have access to my credit card. Can you please advise what happened? Has anyone had that situation? They gave me details of those 3 phone calls on chat (when, how long, cost), apart from phone numbers.
I don’t have any records of those phone calls oj my phone.

It drives me mad as I was accused of lying like I want to get few extra pounds. I hope this will get resolved as I won’t leave it like that.
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

AlexxH100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good evening everyone.

Thank you for all your answers and time you spent for this thread.

My goal was to find out what exactly I was charged for. I find it weird that I can’t get one straight answer to what exactly happened in MY CASE. As you can imagine, my frustration is a result of lack of straight answer from O2. It would be quite fair to say O2 doesn’t know what exactly I was charged for.

I got the refund, however I will be changing the provider soon anyway.

Thank you all for your time.
Message 31 of 32

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Glad to hear you got the charges refunded @AlexxH100. Did you speak to the Guru team yet? They should be able to shed some light on exactly what happened. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 32 of 32