Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating my O2 number from Contract to Pay As You Go

Nadiala
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I ordered a migration of my O2 number from my already completed contract to a Pay As You Go with the strict condition that I keep my number. I received a new Sim Card today and was told I had to top it up. Unfortunately, looking at the back of the package I see that the mobile number is not mine, it is a different mobile number. I am trying to call 202 from my husband's mobile number, but the number seems disconnected. How can I get hold of O2 to resolve my issue. I cannot afford to lose my old number I have been using it for the last five years. Can anyone put me in the right direction please? Thank you. Nadia 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122912 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Nadiala 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

You'll need to call O2.

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

8am is the best time to call

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Nadiala
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, 

I have made a note of all the numbers. Will start to contact O2 tomorrow morning. Thanks ever so much for your help. Kind regards. Nadia 

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122912 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Nadiala 

You're welcome. Hope it's sorted soon.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Nadiala
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, how are you? I need your kind help. I visited the O2 Facebook page and sent a PM to request help. I received this answer:

O2: Hi Nadia, we're sorry for any confusion that may have been caused in regards to your migration request. The new pay as you go sim will always have a new number attached to it as we'd to initially set up a pay as you go account up for you. Once this is done we'd ask you for the pay as you go details and transfer your personal number over to replace the temporary number. So we can help please answer the following questions in relation to xxxxxxxxxxx: • The full name on the account • Are you the account holder? (If not, please confirm your full name) • The 1st and 3rd characters of the security answer (the one you use when you contact us, not your MyO2 password)

I replied as follows:

Nadia: Hello, thank you very much for responding to my query. So, I should go ahead and activate the new sim card or should I first answer these questions here on FB private message.? Thank you for your patience. I am not techno savvy and I read in your FB page regulations that I should not be giving my personal details here. Let me know what I have to do next if you don't mind. Thank you very much for your kind assistance. Best regards. Nadia

And this morning I received this answer from O2 on Messenger...however, I am not sure it is safe to give the info they are asking to on Messenger as it may lead to my bank details: 

O2: You're welcome. You don't need to activate the new sim. If you could answer the security questions we've asked, we'll be able to help with the transfer.

Do you advise me to give my information or rather try to get someone on one of the O2 numbers? I am sooooo confused!!!

Thanks for your kind assistance

Nadia

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Nadiala 

It's safe to do as long as you are responding by private message and not on a public post.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Nadiala
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your prompt reply. I still feel a bit uncomfortable giving my password on social media. I am sure you understand the feeling. I will try 202 again today and if it does not work, I guess my last resort with be O2 on Facebook as they are pro-active...and ready to help apparently. It is soooo complicated to own a phone nowadays! Kind regards. Nadia 

Message 7 of 7