Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost PAYG SIM

NeilFd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So a couple of days ago I ordered a free PAYG SIM which arrived today. However, my dear darling partner assumed it was junk mail and binned it before I could even get my hands on it!

Now that’s not necessarily a problem, but I’m concerned someone could get their hands on the SIM and therefore my personal data - or worse, pretend to be me! I hadn’t activated the SIM (as I said, it went in the bin immediately and despite me traveling through trash, I couldn’t find it).

Should I be worried or is this SIM useless and anonymous unless activated?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144140 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Don’t worry at all.
Nothing can be linked to you.
Just order a new one or pop into your local o2 shop for one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144140 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Don’t worry at all.
Nothing can be linked to you.
Just order a new one or pop into your local o2 shop for one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

NeilFd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cheers - the SIM I’m not fussed about, it’s what happens if some oik gets their hands on it. You’ve put my mind at rest so thank you!
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144140 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
If anyone does find it they will have to register it themselves to top it up.
O2 used to send out sim cards at random for people to hand out, but they all need to be registered to be used.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welcome to the forum @NeilFd slight_smile It's great to hear @MI5 was able to reassure you, let us know if you need any additional help!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5