Did you mean: 

Living permanently abroad

EuropeanNomad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I am moving permanently to Poland and I might not be able to visit UK frequently (e.g. only once per year).

Is there some O2 service which would allow me to retain my UK mobile number and use it while living abroad (mostly sporadic incoming calls and texts)?

I know that Three Mobile has been cutting off their customers stranded abroad due to covid on the basis of violation of "fair usage policy"...

From what I have read so far, it seems like:

1. O2 PAYG + £10 should be OK to be used long-term abroad

2. O2 pay monthly will likely NOT be ok to be used long-term abroad

I would appreciate if you could please confirm :-). Thank you for your kind help!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146966 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@CC82 

Your sim only has to register on O2-UK to reset.

If you have friends or family in UK you can just post your sim to them to use it in UK before sending back to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 14

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10633 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@CC82 

Please do not send your SIM through the post, as if it gets lost, you are up the creek without a paddle... And would be a highly stupid thing to do.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146966 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

In your opinion.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 14

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10633 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

In my opinion and also anyone with a bit of common sense. 

Lets remember SIM's are authentication tokens, for not just access to the networks, but lots of financial institutions..

Glad you dont work in IT Security, you would be a security risk..

I can just see the conversation with CS, and them saying somebody gave them advice on this forum to post a sim card internationally....  :facepalm: 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 14 of 14