cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to top up with USA credit card and USA address?

CluelessFromUSA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Keeps asking for a postcode. It does not recognize a us zip code. I have been circling the voicemail system and think I have exhausted every option. The virtual assistant needs a lot of help. It is certainly not quite there with AI. Also I haven’t found anything online to help, and I don’t seem to be able to find a phone number or an option to speak to a human being at O2. I thought they were a large company. Not quite sure what to do. Should I give up and try another provider? Many thanks for any guidance or help anyone may have.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38563 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1736 Solutions

Not possible - you need a UK credit card and UK address, @CluelessFromUSA 

However: if you use the 3rd party Top up service mentione near the end of this link Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) you should be able to get topped-up in your current circumstance, @CluelessFromUSA - good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149624 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@CluelessFromUSA 

You need to use a third party online option.

One such suggestion in this guide Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

pgn
  • 38563 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1736 Solutions

Not possible - you need a UK credit card and UK address, @CluelessFromUSA 

However: if you use the 3rd party Top up service mentione near the end of this link Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) you should be able to get topped-up in your current circumstance, @CluelessFromUSA - good luck!

Message 3 of 6

CluelessFromUSA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your guidance MI5 and pgn! I was about to pay the extra fee inline to get the 16 digit voucher from http://www.mobiletopup.co.uk/o2 when a local overheard my conversation and they said to just go into Budgens (which we were right next to) or any supermarket, or pharmacy in the UK and pay the full plan amount, in my case £15, and they then print you the voucher number. My US credit card worked fine in Budgens. I just called 4444 and selected option 2. All done! Hope this helps others who live abroad. I wish O2 as a company were more skilled at communicating this in the initial process. Ie all they needed was to say just before the house number and post code - that if you do not have a UK address then go to a list of stores and pay for a voucher and choose 4444 option #2. I spent far too long trying to get this working and I would not have got there so soon without your help. Cheers!

Message 4 of 6

pgn
  • 38563 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1736 Solutions

You are welcome, @CluelessFromUSA - I had not realised you were physically in the UK, but the voucher method from corner shops like Vivo, Nisa, Budgens, etc are covered in that guide also - didn't think you were as close to one of those as your initial query intimated 😂

Glad you got sorted!

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149624 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

You're welcome @CluelessFromUSA 😁

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 6