Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do PAYG accounts remain active / live

CAMoyle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How long do PAYG accounts remain active / live? I have a PAYG account however I live in Australia and previously travelled to UK annually and topped up then however unable to to travel to the UK at the moment. I wish to keep my account live (so I don't loose my phone number) but I don't want to top up now if I am unable to use the credit unless I have to to keep it active?

Thanks

Craig

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions

12 months or so ago I guess @gmarkj ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 12

n336
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I had my Classic Pay As You Go  sim account since August 2017, and  just made one initial credit payment and was then making a call or text every few months as I was a ware of the 6 month chargeable event requirement, but I was never aware since the start the service of a requirement to top up / add a bolt on every 6 months ( or even every 999 days... as MI5 had reported more than once). Surely if they changed the terms of my sim they should have notified me. Interestingly I have not been cut off even though I had the sim for over 5 years now and have not topped up, so Have I just been lucky ?? The telephone helpline staff are never sure of how to answer my challenge for a confirmation of my account requirements to be kept live. I  need the phone number for occasional but important messages and texts, so cant risk being disconnected without notice and lose the number, Ant helpful comment /experience would be appreciated.

Message 12 of 12