Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with PAC number transfer and Rolling Plan

FYM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently left my last contract with a different provider, requested a PAC code, and found an o2 rolling plan that looked ideal for my needs. I ordered a PAYG rolling plan sim card but there was no option to add the rolling plan onto my new sim, either on the website or on the app. I called customer service and they first insisted I should be on a contract (I applied, and was already rejected for reasons unknown to me). They eventually took my PAC code, but later told me PAYG plans can only be implemented in store and there was nothing they could do. I lost signal on my old sim after this, but the new one was also unusable - no signal, minutes, data, texts, and a different phone number.

I went into a store, where the customer service person called the same customer service helpline for me, and left me sat in the store alone on the phone with the call centre again, for 45 minutes, where they investigated and told me they had mistakenly began the PAC transfer process and then cancelled it, but couldn't tell me why it was cancelled. They then said that the rolling plans were new and due to a technical fault they couldn't yet be applied - she said the plan 'didn't exist yet', but that it should be available by 7th December at the latest. She then tried to sell me another contract, and then a big bundle at a much higher rate (£4 per 100 MBs) , neither of which I want.

I'm now left without my original phone number, without any plan, and only with o2 wifi when I can find it. I haven't received any correspondence from o2 confirming what's happened/will happen, and I'm really concerned that they've lost my phone number, and I will not be able to get it back. I can survive without a phone for a while (but not for over a month!) as long as I'm able to retrieve my phone number and hopefully find a different provider. Any solution or idea on what I should do, except call them again (which right now means finding a phone to borrow!)

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144966 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions

@FYM 

This is all probably connected to an issue with porting numbers currently which has been rectified but the is a backlog of some 1200 ports to work through.

Hopefully it will be resolved for you soon.

Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans" 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144966 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions

@FYM 

This is all probably connected to an issue with porting numbers currently which has been rectified but the is a backlog of some 1200 ports to work through.

Hopefully it will be resolved for you soon.

Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans" 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2