Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Big bundle data

Clara123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 0 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I bought £10 credit with the big bundle 5days ago, but I've used all my data allowance, unknowingly, I went out n bought another £10 top up thinking I cud get the same again. I'm so confused??? I've read I'll have to wait until my monthly renewal date/(big bundle date) for my data to be applied?! I'm so frustrated, I've been away for years, a lots changed & I'm not up to speed with network providers ATM. (Use to contract) any suggestions? Feel like I've just wasted £10. & Buying a bolt on @ £10 for 1g😵 (bare in mind i used all my big bundle in a few days) HELP PLEASE, Thank-you in advance
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Clara123 Hi, yeah the bundle lasts 30 days and you have to wait for your renewal date for the data amount to refresh, the £15 bundle is a better deal as you get 15GB (or even £30 for 100GB), you can change to that for next time - Just go to my O2 and click change tariff.

The bolt-on's are dreadful value.

Tip - You can always get a second PAYG SIM to use as a back up to get more data.

Message 2 of 14

Clara123
  • 0 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank-you ...for taking time 😊
So my choices are sit with no internet for 3wks, get next sim, or waste bolt £...
That's not good options !
I need to change to unlimited data or contract sim, I don't have wifi at home ATM, so days my everything lol...
Like omg, basically the 2nd £10 top up was a waste then?????
Now I'm on roaming charges 🙈,
I can't deal
Message 3 of 14

Clara123
  • 0 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was on the £10 big bundle tariff, but used my data in bout 5days, foolishly I bought another top up thinking i would be able to do the same thing again🙈
I didn't realise it wouldn't make a difference n I'd still have no data n have to wait until my renewal date.
ANYWAYS, QUESTION,,, I have £16 cred on my account now, if I change my tariff to the £15 big bundle NOW will I get the data NOw & a NEW renewal date?
Etc.......
PLEASE HELP!!!! 😬😬😬
Message 4 of 14

Clara123
  • 0 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I have £16 on my account now, so I'm wondering if I were to change to the £15big bundle tariff NOW will the data go on now n get a new renewal date OR will I still be without data n have to wait for my renewal date???
The 2nd £10 I put on, is getting sucked up on roaming charges, like I don't have wifi at home so I NEED data,!!
Failing this, I'll go to shop n try get another sim,😤 n spend more £££ ...
Thankyou
Message 5 of 14

Clara123
  • 0 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous CV 2nd sim, With a 2nd phone number? Can I sync all my social media platforms?
Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126087 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@Clara123 

Always best to stay on the first thread you created, as it causes confusion

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/Help-Big-bundle-data/m-p/1450645#M22090 

I shall ask for them to be merged.

Your anniversary date will always remain the same so you need to call O2.

All numbers are in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

8am is the best time to call

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126087 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@Clara123 

Just for info, I have asked for your second thread to be merged with this one. Pointless starting new threads about the same topic.

I have answered on this thread btw

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/Follow-on-Q-big-bundle-changing-tariff/m-p/1450650/emcs_... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Clara123 To be honest O2 PAYG is a bit of a mess in my opinion, they try and treat PAYG customers like monthly customers, once your data is used up you should be allowed to start again whenever you want, after all it's more money for O2! 

My advice to you would be to buy the £30 tariff every month if you can afford to, as it's the best value if you use a lot of data, and you can rollover up to 100GB every month if you don't use it all.

That's what I do.

Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 126087 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@Clara123 

Or you could think of changing to a sim only contract. They do 30 days, 12 or 18month contracts. Unlimited calls and texts 20gb of data and 6 months free disney for £18 a month. Or 150GB of data for £24 per month.

Check the offers here

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M 

Far less hassle. You can choose a sim only contract to suit your needs and pocket.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14