Did you mean: 

Pay as you Go Sim not connecting to internet

Carli
Level 1: Joiner
  • 0 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

i recently purchased a pay as you go sim for my Ipad, it was working just fine then suddenly stopped working and I received an error message stating that my ipad as not been registered properly in their systems!! which is crazy as it had been working the day before. I contacted O2 and after being passed to about 5 different people (very annoying) i was finally told that my data had run out. So ! I purchased new data, switched the ipad on and off again and it is still not connecting to the internet and I am getting the same error message again. Could someone please help - thank you in advance. 

Just to add - I have also tried the turning Airplane mode on and off etc and my screen is showing 3 bars and 4G. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147210 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Carli 

Is it a tablet sim you are using?

You can only use these, not phone sims.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go#simtype=freeSimIpadsTablets

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Carli
  • 0 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Thanks for coming back to me. Yes it is a Tablet sim. It was working just fine for 2 days before it stopped. 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147210 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Carli 

OK, just checking.

I'll ask @O2Lisa to check for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Carli
  • 0 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you slight_smile

Message 5 of 6

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 smiling

I'll message you privately @Carli and look in to this for you

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6