Did you mean: 

Got PAC code - what next?

AB79AB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good evening, 

I am at my wits end with this, I can't seem to be able to get through to anyone to speak to and i can't find anything online to help me.

I want to move my old phone number on to my new PAYG sim card.   I have the PAC code, how can i do this?

I am moving from a monthly business contract which has now ended.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @AB79AB 

If you are simply moving numbers within O2 to O2 you don't need a PAC. Follow the advice in this link

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

All numbers for O2 are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@AB79AB 

You don't need a PAC.

You need to contact O2 to migrate your number. 
All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or 202 from your O2 mobile.

Also try 8002 or 4445 depending on the type of sim contract you're calling from.

Try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @AB79AB 

If you are simply moving numbers within O2 to O2 you don't need a PAC. Follow the advice in this link

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

All numbers for O2 are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

AB79AB
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Cliff and MI5, having finally got through to customer services, whilst i was with o2 it appears it was through Plan.com.   I've tried the link you sent but i imagine it will be met with further hurdles. 

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@AB79AB 

If your contract is up all you have to do is call and migrate your number as I said above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

AB79AB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The lady at o2 that i spoke to couldn't do it and advised me i had to call plan.com.   I've since done that and plan.com say that they've done everything they can at their end by providing a PAC code. 

Why are these things so difficult! 

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@AB79AB

To repeat, you don't need a PAC.

Call customer service again and you may get someone who knows what they are doing.

O2 to O2 is a simple number migration which automatically cancels your old contract once complete.

Plan.com are correct as it is nothing to do with them at all once your minimum term is complete.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7