Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty handset

Watto
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Been trying to return a Galaxy A10e for last week. Was told saturday they would send email with printable return details. As of yesterday No Email. Called again yesterday (Tuesday) to be told someone someone would call me back. No one called me. Called again today (Wednesday) to only have my call disconnected!! The service is absolutely appalling. Obviously talking to someone in their kitchen or maybe even bathroom. My wife has now been without her phone for 3 weeks with no sign of it being repaired/replaced soon. I will NEVER purchase from o2 again. Despicable company playing on the 'Plandemic' scenario.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23171 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Watto O2's policy and service during this crisis has been pitiful. We as customers do sympathise with you.

O2 aren't very much interested in talking to customers these days unless they're buying something or upgrading. If you want to discuss your issue with customer service, below is the advice from an O2 Guru on how to get through:

You need to call 202 from your mobile.
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

Other available numbers are in this link: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

As O2 doesn't consider your call important, use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option if you have to, to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
  • 23171 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Watto O2's policy and service during this crisis has been pitiful. We as customers do sympathise with you.

O2 aren't very much interested in talking to customers these days unless they're buying something or upgrading. If you want to discuss your issue with customer service, below is the advice from an O2 Guru on how to get through:

You need to call 202 from your mobile.
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

Other available numbers are in this link: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

As O2 doesn't consider your call important, use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option if you have to, to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10252 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3016 Solutions
@Watto

Have you checked your spam or junk mail folders in your email?

Have you contacted Samsung Support, it may be quicker and they may have a repair centre in your town who can fix it there and then or send it off to Samsungs repair centre.

Have you tried live chat at https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus and of an agent is available it will appear as a pop up on screen.

I agree with Bambino, the service has not been perfect.

Just to add a bit of context, all centres (not just o2) are operating at less than 35% capacity, and staff are working from home due to social distancing, and the poor IT staff have had to build remote working in record time, and staff are working from Kitchens, sofas etc.

The o2 Call Centre and Store staff are doing the best that they can, with the resources they can.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 8

Bambino
  • 23171 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:
Just to add a bit of context, all centres (not just o2) are operating at less than 35% capacity, and staff are working from home due to social distancing, and the poor IT staff have had to build remote working in record time, and staff are working from Kitchens, sofas etc.

The o2 Call Centre and Store staff are doing the best that they can, with the resources they can.

With respect, @madasaf1sh I know you're much more of a techie than I am, but you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. I have a friend who works for a major investment company who has been able to remote in since March, and has no problem in dealing with hundreds of clients and tens of millions of dollars from his home. He's been doing this now for the last four months without any difficulties whatsoever. The 'poor IT staff' from O2 are working for one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world, yet we see people posting here who can't get through to customer service because they've been cut off because they can't pay their bills, and can't get through to discuss it with anyone, not to mention the numerous other issues they've been having. There is absolutely no reason why O2 is only operating on 35% capacity. Every single person who works in a customer service call centre should have been able to remote in. There maybe should have been a day or two to get set up, but after that, it should have been seamless, and customer service should have been able to operate as if they were at their stations in their call centres. A multi- billion pound company like Telefonica, with tens of millions of customers should have been able to do that. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123186 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Absolutely agree @Bambino 

I think the pandemic has been used as an excuse for shoddy customer care for far too long. Add to that, regardless of how badly this has been handled in the UK, the government advice last week was return to work (unless you have a specific medical reason for not doing so)

I think there are far too many excuses being made in my opinion.

I wonder how long O2 is going to allow this shoddiness to continue?

Frontline staff have never stopped working.

I think this forum has become the frontline for O2.

Edited to add: Two of the numbers we were giving out to customers were removed 2 weeks ago. These numbers had the best results in getting through to O2. One of our regulars who worked for O2 said in his day, one of those numbers was used constantly. So another method of contacting O2 was removed.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10252 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3016 Solutions
I agree with you both @Cleoriff and @Bambino

I think sometimes i come along as a o2 fanboy, but trust me i do call out when things are **** and could be better... I promise to do better 🙂

Things should have been a lot better y by a magnitude of a 100, and Telefonica even sell to customers remote working solutions, so there response should have been best in class, it wasn't and i hope o2's leadership team are taking note of what works and what really isnt working.

I think the Customer Services Director should spend a day on here to understand how customers are being failed.

I have seen some amazing solutions come from the pandemic, and as your rightly said @Bambino one of the best ive seen is surprisingly from the Banks and Insurance companies who are embracing WFH.

@Cleoriff i agree the forum seems to have become the default for customers to migrate to and it feels as though that those of us are trying to help customers as customers ourselves are firefighting for o2 and are taking the flak from quite rightly annoyed and frustrated customers who have been left with no where else to turn.

I just hope we don't end up turning on each other 🙂
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123186 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

I doubt we would ever turn on each other. In fact we have worked as a damn good team here providing 24 hour cover, each with our own strengths (and weaknesses) yahoo

Long may it continue x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Bambino
  • 23171 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Thanks for the support @Cleoriff and @madasaf1sh. Have no fear. We will never turn on each other. As for O2's Customer Services Director, there's only one thing they should be doing. Resigning. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8