Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early termination fee-does it apply

J-Lo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is complex but I will keep it simple as possible!
I am currently a pay as you go big bundle customer average top up £20.00.I want to change service for a 30 day pay as you go sim only deal £32.00 top up.
My enquiry is - if I stop the sim only deal after 30 days and return to big bundle £20.00 spend will I incur a early termination fee?
I tried reading the conditions - by changing from £32.00 (30 day contract) to £20.00 pay as you go big bundle will I incur a early termination fee. It seems that I may do for spending less and this is where the small print is where I need to inderstand! Thanks for any feedback!
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@J-Lo 

No, the whole point of the 30 day sims is that you can cancel or change without penalty.

But you would need to give notice immediately to change after the first 30 days or pay for 2 months to cancel after the second as you can only change once per month.

You'll also need to switch your number to the pay monthly platform and then switch back to PAYG, so it's a lot of hassle to keep switching.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@J-Lo 

No, the whole point of the 30 day sims is that you can cancel or change without penalty.

But you would need to give notice immediately to change after the first 30 days or pay for 2 months to cancel after the second as you can only change once per month.

You'll also need to switch your number to the pay monthly platform and then switch back to PAYG, so it's a lot of hassle to keep switching.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

J-Lo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for that. It can of confirms what I was Trying to understand!
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4