Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual sim always on

keneastlancs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a samsung A50 dual sim phone with a contract sim with 02 for personal use and a pay as you go sim for business useage with 02. There appeaars to be a problem if i receive a call on one of the sims then the next time someone calls on the other sim (even if hours later) the call goes straight to voicemail.

I have checked my settings and call forwarding etc. Dual sim always on cannot be activated I get a meassge sim 2 (pay as you go) failed check connections. on my pay as you go I cannot set call waiting.

1) Can 1 set call waiting on my pay as you go?

2) How can i click on Dual sim always on - do i firstly need to set up number 1.

3) why are calls on one sim automatically going to voicemail if i previously received a call off the other sim. Is it to do with 1) and 2)?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@keneastlancs 

It's limitations with O2 payg sims.

Things like call forwarding and call waiting cannot be activated.

I use an EE payg in my dual sim with an O2 contract in the other slot and it works fine.

You could try switching sim 1 and 2 around but not sure it would help. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

keneastlancs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so i cant have dual sim always on then? and therefore calls on the second phoned number that day will always go straight to voicemail?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@keneastlancs 

You can't have dual sim always on but I'm not sure why you get the vm issue.

Try swapping sims around first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4