Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection after lack of use.

mungodaisy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There seem to be two conflicting conditions which would cause the mobile to be disconnected:

If you do not carry out any chargeable activity at least once in any 6 month period (Condition 7 of service terms).

If you don't top up, or add a Bolt On at least once in any six month period (Classic Pay As You Go terms and conditions).

Which is correct?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The part about having to top up is wrong. We've questioned this before and had it confirmed by the community team.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mungodaisy @Both of them are correct 

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@mungodaisy You need to make a chargeable call or text at least once every 6 months and top up every 999 days.

Do this and your sim will stay active.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Which version of the t&c for classic payg are you referring to ? As I do not see a mention of the top up requirement 

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/classic-pay-as-you-go-terms-and-conditions

@mungodaisy can an you confirm

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The part about having to top up is wrong. We've questioned this before and had it confirmed by the community team.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

mungodaisy
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 6 of 8

mungodaisy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you!!
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Confirmed here @mungodaisy 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go#simtype=classicpayasyougo

Where can I view the Terms & Conditions for Classic Pay As You Go?

Here you can find our condensed terms for Classic Pay As You Go, but for more detail and full terms please visit http://www.o2.co.uk/terms.

Minimum top up £10. 16+. Advertised rates reflect calls and texts to standard UK landlines and mobiles only, and UK data. Minimum charge of 1p per data session. Mins, texts and data can also be used when roaming in our Europe Zone, subject to Fair Usage policy. Selected Bolt Ons are not-transferable to this tariff and will be lost if you switch – please check before switching. The Classic tariff is compatible with the Monthly and One-off International Bolt Ons. Opt in at £2 per month. See o2.co.uk/callingabroad for latest international call rates and Bolt On terms. Accessing 4G data is subject to using a compatible 4G device and 4G network coverage. If you don’t carry out a chargeable activity at least once in any 6-month period your mobile number and sim will be disconnected and you will lose any credit on your account. If you wish to be re-connected you will be given a new mobile phone number. Terms apply, see o2.co.uk/terms. Priority offers are subject to eligibility and availability. See App for details. O2 Wifi is subject to availability and fair usage. See o2wifi.co.uk. O2 Rewards: opt in required, maximum reward £150 every three months. 5% for the first 6 months, 10% thereafter. Selected vouchers only.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8