Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected with no warning

theboyneill
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I’m a PAYG customer who has been sending out texts on behalf of my dad who is a vicar. Obviously during the pandemic his congregation haven’t been meeting so I’ve been texting his congregation for him as he’s pretty clueless with even the easiest things such as group texting... Unfortunately this has been seen as spamming and I’ve been disconnected and the number I’ve had for years is gone for good I’m told... anyone heard of this kind of thing?? O2 don’t want to know or help...
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144202 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@theboyneill 

Sounds strange tbh. 

I'll tag @Marjo and @Martin-O2 to see if they can help you next week.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Bethany1
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My sim has had a block put on it I need it up lifting I can’t go till Monday this is the 4 time in two days I use my phone for work I need it reconnect
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144202 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Bethany1 

You'll need to call customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Use Skype if you have no other way to call.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

theboyneill
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, I spoke to someone in customer service and they told me categorically that I could not be reconnected... seems a bit heavy handed... I also use my number for work and it’s going to be a nightmare if have to get a new number... I’ll contact them again tomorrow I think...
Message 5 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @theboyneill , did you still need any further help with this one or did you manage to get in contact with CS to resolve it? I'm happy to check with our Platinum Gurus in case there's anything else that could be done or at least any further information we could give you about the issue if possible.

Message 6 of 11

theboyneill
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! I spoke to Customer Service again and they said there's absolutely nothing they could do and couldn't reconnect my number or they'd be fined by Ofcom and ultimately shut down as a company...which sounds beyond ridiculous. So that's it-- they said they carried out a forensic investigation (which I was unaware of) and disconnected me as result and didn't have to warn me...all because of perfectly innocent texts sent on behalf of my elderly father (who is still a Vicar) to elderly people shielding in his congregation. frowning2

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144202 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Marjo 

On the face of it, this sounds completely absurd. 
Can you look into it at all?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Marjo 

On the face of it, this sounds completely absurd. 
Can you look into it at all?

I agree, totally ridiculous!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions