Did you mean: 

Constant voice mail alerts with empty inbox

RichardMoss
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

For a while now my Lumia 650 always display a little icon telling me I had a voice mail. If I dial 901 and listen, I have no new messages and no unsaved messages. I assumed it was just my poor Windows Phone being buggy and ignored it.

However, over the weekend I  swapped the sim from that into a Galaxy S7 and straight away it started dinging and displaying notifications about a new voice mail. I finally managed to get it to stop playing obnoxious sounds, but it still displays the notification and each time I unlock the phone there's another notification. Once again (several times actually!), I checked my voice mails, and once again there's nothing there.

Given this is happening with two completely different phones I now assuming it's nothing wrong with the phone itself, but something squiffy with my account.

Has anyone else experiance this and has any suggestions on how I can resolve it?

Thanks;

Richard Moss

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@RichardMoss @Call customer service and ask them to reset your voicemail. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@RichardMoss @Call customer service and ask them to reset your voicemail. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @RichardMoss , I was wondering if you got a chance to ask Customer Service to reset your voicemail, as suggested above? Let us know how you get on with this please! slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 5

RichardMoss
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Thank you both for your replies.

I did contact O2 support and spoke to a very helpful lady who reset the voicemail box and now my phone (thankfully) seems to have shut up regarding the phantom message.

Thanks again!

Regards;

Richard Moss

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good news slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5