cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic PAYG - is it possible to transfer credit from one account to another?

br1anstorm
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I hope this is a simple and straightforward question with a clear answer!

I have a Classic PAYG (3,2,1) account with O2.  My wife also has one.  I use my O2 phone only very rarely as I have another mobile on a different network.

My O2 PAYG account has some credit on it (about £15 when I last checked). 

My question is:  can I transfer this credit over to my wife's account - and if so, exactly how do I do so?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@br1anstorm 

Absolutely, no problem at all with that.

She could also migrate her old number to your sim if she wanted to keep her original number.

The credit on your sim would stay and her old number moved to replace the current number.

You would need to ask O2 to migrate the number Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 94389 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

It isn't possible sorry

The only way is to call customer service but it would mean that they would close your classic account

call 4445

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@br1anstorm 

As it's PAYG just give the phone and sim to your wife to use as is.

She will be able to top it up without issue Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

It doesn't matter that the phone and sim is in your name at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 7

br1anstorm
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 , that's a more reassuring answer than the earlier "not possible" reply from @jonsie .  You have suggested a way forward.  This is a follow-up question.  My wife likes and is accustomed to her current mobile phone handset.  So - when her own PAYG credit runs out, can she simply abandon that account and number and can I simply give my O2 SIM (and its number) to my wife and put it into her handset?

Message 4 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8126 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

Yes she can.

After her credit runs out the old account will automatically expire after 6 months

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@br1anstorm 

Absolutely, no problem at all with that.

She could also migrate her old number to your sim if she wanted to keep her original number.

The credit on your sim would stay and her old number moved to replace the current number.

You would need to ask O2 to migrate the number Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Message 6 of 7

br1anstorm
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 - and also @Enlli - for that further advice.  It seems we have a way forward and indeed even some choices.  Step 1 is for my wife to use up the PAYG credit she has on her existing phone account.  Then Step 2 is to bin her SIM and insert mine in her phone.  At that point she can then either (a) take over and use my number - the one already in the SIM;  or she can (b) ask for a PAC to enable the migration of her current 'old' number on to that SIM in place of my number.

Seems pretty clear and straightforward.  Hope it all works! 

Message 7 of 7