Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Get Visual Voicemail On Pay & Go iOS

OJM125
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received a voicemail today and discovered I could no longer access the Visual Voicemail function. I recently switched from Pay Monthly to Pay & Go as I was out of contract. I've also recently updated to the latest iOS on my iPhone 5s.

A support rep on live chat initially said Visual Voicemail is not available for Pay & Go tariffs. I then called CS they said to call 1750 to active the Visual Voicemail but it is not on there even after topping up the credit balance even though they said it would be there. I'm confused, two conflicting statements from CS.

So you can't get Visual Voicemail on Pay & Go SIMs for Apple phones? It just says 'Call Voicemail' and I can get messages thankfully. Do you need phones on a contract to access it again? I've got data in my allowance. I did the tips people said where you force restart, reset network and put airplane mode on but all my previous messages until today have gone.

Anyone been through a similar thing?

Cheers

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
VVM only works on iData.
Pay as you go doesn't use iData, so not possible I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

As far as I know this is only available on monthly contract but they may well have amended that.

I do know for sure that VVM will not work if you are on the incorrect data bolton which may well be the case for you since you changed to P&G. Check with customer service which bolt on you have.

Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
VVM only works on iData.
Pay as you go doesn't use iData, so not possible I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions