Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Alert Message

Moriarty_Cat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Over the last few days I keep getting a random message with my balance on.  I only usually get this message after I've made a call or sent a text but I'm not just getting them randomly.  The balance isn't changing so I don't think anything is being used (and I have data turned off because I just connect to wifi)   Why is this happening?  

I've had to block several numbers over the last week due to getting a lot of spam calls - could it be one of those numbers trying to call me?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You shouldn't get them for blocked calls so I think it's a glitch.
I'd call customer service and ask them to reset the alerts if you want to keep them on or turn off completely, if not.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You shouldn't get them for blocked calls so I think it's a glitch.
I'd call customer service and ask them to reset the alerts if you want to keep them on or turn off completely, if not.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Moriarty_Cat (cool username!)

Did you manage to get any info on why you were getting the balance messages? Did they stop or are you still experiencing this? Would be lovely to hear back from you. slight_smile

Message 3 of 10

Moriarty_Cat
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI, 

I believe the messages are connected to blocked numbers trying to call me.  I found a list on my phone (Nokia Lumia) that shows the list of blocked numbers and when they have tried to call, even after being blocked.  These seem to coincide with the Balance Alerts I keep getting.

I like having  the balance reminders after I've used credit so I don't really want to stop the service, just annoying to keep getting the messages.  I seem to have a lot of silent callers/"you have had an accident...." calls in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for the responses... nice to have a place to come to with helpful people slight_smile  

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
All those ppi and accident calls are just a scourge on society.
I must have well over a hundred blocked numbers on my phone by now.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
I'm still waiting for a 'had an accident that wasn't your fault' call. I'll keep them on the phone for half an hour with the tale .....and then tell them the guys name in Thailand 😉
Message 6 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Nice idea @jonsie!
My wife took one of these calls the other day and kept them on the phone for a while asking them for the details of the accident as they knew more than she did.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@gmarkjwrote:
Nice idea @jonsie!
My wife took one of these calls the other day and kept them on the phone for a while asking them for the details of the accident as they knew more than she did.

You mean the accident 'which never happened' @gmarkj

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for that info @Moriarty_Cat. slight_smile

I keep getting calls that say that my car has been in an accident. I don't even drive. joy

Message 9 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
That would indeed be correct @Cleoriff.
That is definitely special @Marjo!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 10