Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Age verification on PAYG

Paulformercust
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Despite being with o2 since 2005 because i don't have a credit card or driver's license/passport they won't lift my age verification despite me being nearly 50, I tried in store and over the phone and they won't help but say it can be lifted instantly if I switch to pay monthly with no ID checks, ridiculous and think now just going to find a new company and change my SIM, loyalty and common sense gone from this company.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23532 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Paulformercust If you switched to Pay Monthly O2 would run a credit check, so I don't know how you would get through that having no credit card, or, it would seem, any other form of identification. As far as the age verification process goes, I would imagine that all the phone networks operate under similar rules, so switching to another provider may not help you either.

O2 Age restriction: what it is & how to manage it ... - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
  • 23532 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Paulformercust If you switched to Pay Monthly O2 would run a credit check, so I don't know how you would get through that having no credit card, or, it would seem, any other form of identification. As far as the age verification process goes, I would imagine that all the phone networks operate under similar rules, so switching to another provider may not help you either.

O2 Age restriction: what it is & how to manage it ... - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Paulformercust
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Being nearly 50 and looking it and not being able to get help on this in store is ridiculous, regardless if I have a passport or not common sense gone completely out of the window

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
  • 23532 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Paulformercust I understand your frustration, but anyone in store trying to assist you would need some form of identification in order to enter the details into their system. I'm sure there's no way for them to put "He looks old enough" into their computer.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4