cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade phone not arrived 4 days after delivery

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i upgraded and phone was due Friday. Had someone in waiting on delivery but no delivery checked saturday morning on track delivery and it had been delivered and signed for which is amazing as has someone in all day. 

a loads of phonecalls to ukmail and still no phone 4 days later all i get is its been signed and delivered and have managed to get told its been delivered to 2 different address by mistake which is had to take as no note left through my door and 1 of the addresses is a neighbour who was away at time of delivery and wrong name.

how can o2 use ukmail after all the complaints about missing phones and the shocking service ukmail deliver

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123394 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You are the second person in two days who has posted on the forum about the same issue with UK mail. ....Bottom line, until you receive your phone it is O2's responsibility to chase it up for you. You need to get back to them (not UK Mail) and ask them where your phone is. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23225 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

Seems to be par for the course these days, and even less surprising at this time of year.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10293 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3025 Solutions

Why is it shocking service from o2, they have in good faith handed the goods to be delivered to UK Mail, UK Mail, are completely at fault for not delivering the goods.. 

I would be pressing UK Mail, and if neccessary asking o2 to notify the Police if they suspect the UK Mail driver has stolen the handset / commiting fraud by saying they have delivered it, o2 could block the Handset and Sim and resend them. 

I would imagine due to fraud they need the consumer to provide proof it hasnt been delivered, this is im afraid the world we live in. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123394 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

The fact is @madasaf1sh that the OP clearly states they have not received their phone. The fault is not theirs.

We have been told repeatedly that anyone in this situation has to chase up O2 not UK Mail. It is O2's choice to use this courier company therefore they (O2) need to do the investigation. If I ordered something from Amazon and it didn't arrive..i would NOT be contacting the courier company..I would be speaking to Amazon..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's shocking service because they leave the customer to chase UK Mail. Irrespective of O2's contract with any courier, it is O2's responsibility to get the phone to the customer and O2 can't hide behind their method of despatch. They must face this very samee problem dozens of times a year yet they continue to use UK Mail. Two in two days have been reported on here and whether it's fraud, negligence or dishonesty O2 need to chase this up.

Message 7 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10293 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3025 Solutions
I never said its the Ops fault, but nor is it o2's the problems seems to be with UK Mail.

Amazon now have their own logistics firm, which they did to stop theft and loss from the logistics channel, and to cut costs...

I would be chasing both parties to find o2's goods as until paid for in full they belong to o2.

Every courier company has issues at Christmas with staff theft and loss in greater numbers..

Which ever courier o2 use is going to have things go wrong, even if they had their own logistics network..
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It may not be O2's fault but it IS their responsibility to get the phone delivered. No doubt the phone is already showing in @Anonymous My O2 and no doubt being charged for. No customer should have to call a courier, that again is O2's responsibility and the fact that they are not investigating this is bad service.

You call an adviser who SHOULD take appropriate measures but so much easier to say yes, we delivered so call the courier. Sorry but that is not customer service. Fobbed off and that shouldn't be. OK Amazon has been mentioned but you can bet your life they would sort out a similar scenario and get another item to the customer whilst they looked where their system had failed.

Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123394 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Having shopped with Amazon for years and particularly over the last few weeks in the lead up to Christmas then I can categorically say though Amazon Logistics may be the main courier for them ...they do use others. I have just had two items delivered this morning from self employed couriers. Marketplace sellers do not use Amazon logistics either. Either way it would be Amazon who would do the chasing. Not me as the buyer. I have had games go missing on release day. Amazon replace and then do their own follow up. Customer service as it should be.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11