Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock code

EASYLIFE
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

shocking customer service recieved today , called to get some help spoke to the business help team and we got cut off. I didnt get a call back i called again and explained i brought a phone off auction i need a unlock code but was told sorry as im not the account holder they wont help me but the account holder have gone in to liquidation.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144657 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@EASYLIFE 

You just need an O2 sim card to register the phone with your details, then submit the request. 

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144657 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@EASYLIFE 

You just need an O2 sim card to register the phone with your details, then submit the request. 

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

EASYLIFE
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi the phone was brought on 02 the phone came with 02 sim but isn’t registered to me all I want it a unlock code so I can use a different sim.
So do I need to get a 02 sim and then request for unlock code for free how quick can this be done
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144657 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@EASYLIFE 

Usually 4 to 5 days but the code has to come from the manufacturer, so may be delayed at this time of year.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4