cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfering number

Anonymous
Not applicable

bought 02 phone yesterday waiting for my old number from previous supplier to be transfered onto it. was told it would be done within 24 hrs. still not happened yet any ideas

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Number ports do not happen at weekends so whilst the request may have gone in yesterday it won't be actioned until Monday.
I would expect it to happen Tuesday at the earliest, but you should receive a text to confirm when it's processed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Number ports do not happen at weekends so whilst the request may have gone in yesterday it won't be actioned until Monday.
I would expect it to happen Tuesday at the earliest, but you should receive a text to confirm when it's processed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As said you should get a text both from O2 and your previous provider so expect it to be Monday or Tuesday. Once your old number is disconnected reboot the phone at regular intervals.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The first port of call if this does not happen is to speak to your original network and then O2.

Help link http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

bought 02 phone yesterday waiting for my old number from previous supplier to be transfered onto it. was told it would be done within 24 hrs. still not happened yet any ideas

Same is happening to me, not been done and o2 are currently experiencing technical difficulties so give it till tomorrow, I am also over 24 hrs now....

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Same is happening to me, not been done and o2 are currently experiencing technical difficulties so give it till tomorrow, I am also over 24 hrs now....

Slightly different as this is an external port which will not be actioned over a weekend, so it's a different scenario to yours.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's Good to be sympathetic tho Cutiekitty992

😉
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In really surprised that they disconnected the soon without completing the migration but porting is completely different.

Message 8 of 9

BrendonM
  • 3605 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey guys,

I've removed a few posts as the posts were not related to the issue the OP is discussing. Let's try and keep the thread around their issue.

Cheers!

Message 9 of 9