cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim cut off

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have been with 02 for donkeys years on a contract all ok ,so i took a pay as you go out (sim) i a old phone as a spare to put in the car ok.went to check its ok charged etc and its been cut off i had £10 on it so what the !!!!!!!!!! where is my £10 gone i feel like changing to vodaphone just on prinsable.So if my wife goes out may be a breakdown goes to the phone and ha presto its not working .I think its crap

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you don't use it once every 6 months or top up every 999 days it will be suspended. All networks do it to free up numbers that are no longer in use.
Go elsewhere but you will find the same thing.
If you call or contact O2 they will reinstate it and your credit providing the number has not been reallocated elsewhere already.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you don't use it once every 6 months or top up every 999 days it will be suspended. All networks do it to free up numbers that are no longer in use.
Go elsewhere but you will find the same thing.
If you call or contact O2 they will reinstate it and your credit providing the number has not been reallocated elsewhere already.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

After six month's lack of use the number is considered abandoned and is recovered, all networks do this.

If it's not too long ago you might get it turned back on and the credit restored.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

My number of 24 years was cut off for lack of use and the number was marked as expired.
After some time of on O2 Live chat, they agreed to give my number back and  credit the original balance to my account.
I am now awaiting the new 4G sim card.

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They are usually pretty good at doing this and reconnecting numbers. Glad they could help you 😀

@Anonymouswrote:

My number of 24 years was cut off for lack of use and the number was marked as expired.
After some time of on O2 Live chat, they agreed to give my number back and  credit the original balance to my account.
I am now awaiting the new 4G sim card.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

<Update.>

By 5pm on the same day that I requested my number and credit to be reinstated, it was all back up and running again. 

* Don't forget to make a call and top-up within 24 hours or the number will expire again.*

Message 7 of 7