cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 email

Anonymous
Not applicable

On 26th May I received an email saying that the o2 email service was being discontinued on 20th June, when I followed the link to see how to move contacts etc I was shocked to see that the implementation date of this removal of service was 7th June!  After spend some 2 hours using "live chat" (which was of no use at all) and phone conversation with customer services I was told that the date was 7th.

Imagine my surprise therefore to this evening receive another email reminding me that the service would not be available after the 20th.

Does anyone know exactly what is happening?

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can anyone not know? This has been known for 3 years 

Message 11 of 55

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I got one of these emails and assumed it was malicious as my O2 email has been shut for years and all the links pointed to o2.davinci-crm.com/(some crypto garbage), but have just been notified after reporting it as phishing, it was a genuine email.

I did transfer O2 broadband to Sky for a limited time (on someone elses phone line)  but was shut out of email too long ago to remember.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 12 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to port my emails over to a new gmail account for over a month now, first the o2 site goes down so no access, then not able to get into my webmail because of a "fault" on o2 website. Then get told 5 different things via web chat and to cap it off spoke to o2 girus 3 times last week and still cant get into my webmail. come on O2 sort it out, only need 10 minutes of access time to port everything over, not rocket science (or is it)

Message 13 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Have a look at this link....

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/o2-email-closure-transferring-your-contacts

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

There has been some confusion over the shut-off date but O2 have finally fixed on the 20th.

The instructions in the link provided by Cleoriff still work (I checked earlier).

So barring a site crash caused by a rush of panicking last-minute email retrievers, there shouldn't be a problem.

Message 15 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So barring a site crash caused by a rush of panicking last-minute email retrievers, there shouldn't be a problem.

This is our only concern really @Anonymous. People should be moving everything now instead of waiting till the last minute....lets hope they have slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
there shouldn't be a problem.

You think ?

Just wait and see......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
there shouldn't be a problem.

You think ?

Just wait and see......

Good job I will still be in Spain Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 55

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Are you immune over there?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Are you immune over there?

LOL Nah...I just mean I probably wont log on here...just choose to lie in the sun next to the pool instead..Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 55