Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 WiFi - some dissapointment and confusion

YorkshirePud
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've been an o2 customer for a long time, since i got my first contract phone but up until recently I have never tried to use the "free" wifi. I have usually been content to use whatever hotspots i can use. I don’t use much data in fact i only have 500mb on my tariff and that’s just fine by me.

Recently I tried to sign up to it. Being an o2 customer i thought this would be a relatively simple task. I first had a look in the account section online. I couldn’t see anything that would allow me to subscribe to it so after some looking i found the actual o2 wifi website. Could i sign up there? No.

Next stop then of course was the app but even this is not very efficient. Why do i as a loyal o2 customer have to register myself to get free wifi in exchange for getting spammed? I read the terms and conditions of course, and because of this I have still not signed up. I cannot see why existing o2 customers have to go to such length’s to use it. And even more cheeky that we have to opt in to getting spammed to access it.

Am i missing something? Have i gone past a very obvious option to sign in easily?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Much too late....speaking as someone whose details are out there and getting spam despite unticking all the options. O2 have continually denied selling on details so it must be an 'untrusted' partner.

Message 11 of 14

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Ah, yes unticking the boxes only to find O2 ticked then again for us.. Fond, fond memories*.

*O2 still deny this btw 🤔
Message 12 of 14

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Did it again to me when I added a new contract, but I was wise to it this time wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
Ah, yes unticking the boxes only to find O2 ticked then again for us.. Fond, fond memories*.

*O2 still deny this btw 🤔

Yes for sure, though they will never admit to it....

Message 14 of 14