O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner

microsoft authentication app

Hi

I cant download the microsoft authentication app on my Samsung Galaxy Note II, is says its incompatable

I need this to access work emails outside the office.

Any advice please

Thanks,

Richard

Topics: 495
Solutions: 9,578

Re: microsoft authentication app

Your note 2 is probably too old and incompatible.
Your 2 options are get a new phone or try to find the app on Google and sideload it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum. When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, are taken away.

I think KK 4.2 was the last os update on the Note 2 from memory of owning one so yes no easy answer I'm afraid. I think maybe if you need to access work emails your only option would be to treat yourself to an upgrade. Shame really because the Note 2 is a damn good phone.

Anonymous

There is always the old Microsoft Account App, which Authenticatior replaced.

https://www.apkmonk.com/app/com.microsoft.msa.authenticator/

That should work but you probably have to install it from a laptop and uncheck the unknown sources button, with the usual caveats about doing so at your own risk.

Community Manager

Hi @Richard8, did the advice above help you sort this out and access your work email in the end? Let us know how you're getting on with this, and welcome to the forum slight smile

We're looking for new Community members!

→ Check out these lovely quotes from our existing community members! 
  → Join our forum by registering here 
5 reasons to belong to the O2 community