cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

classic Pay as you go

Anonymous
Not applicable

Because of my low usage O2 rang and suggested I  change to the Classic Pay As You Go Tarrif from early December ( 3rd or 4th). I thought the balance on my top-up account was in the region of £12.80+ prior to the change over.  Mobile Data has been set to OFF for several weeks, and since the change, I have made less than 5 calls/texts before yesterday and NONE since, but my balance was showing last night £11.45 and at 8 a.m. was £11.41, and is now (17:54) showing £ 11.32. 

The O2 Wifi will not work on my iPhone because the App has not been updated for IOS11.

Can some explain why O2 are deducting so much 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147113 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
Sounds like some glitches going on.
My MyO2 has been playing up for a few weeks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure you’re on classic..

5 calls / texts at 35p is roughly that amount...

I’d log in and check!

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

definitely tarriff is Classc Pay As You Go,

The balance continuing to go down - now £12.31 and I have only logged on to My O2 app ion the phone to verify the tariff & balance , since I emailed the forum fro my computer - all activities using my Virgin Media Broadband. 

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry typo balance is £11.31
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just rechecked my balance - on my computer ( windows) My O2 has a balance of £11.31 but the app on the phone is now showing £12.31. I had logged off from both devices and started again.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 147113 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
Sounds like some glitches going on.
My MyO2 has been playing up for a few weeks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks - comforting to know that it's not just me with problems with My O2

I'll see how it goes before ringing O2 for explanation. 

I'm just concerned that I appear to be creating some Mobile Data  activity that I'm not aware of , especially because in the previous two years on my £10 a month Pay as you Go bundle,  I rarely used any of my 1GB data allowance [ or much of my call/test allowance for that matter ]

Perhaps they are charging for accessing their website using my broadband !

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 147113 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
No, any use on WiFi is free.
Message 8 of 8