Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi on the London underground

AshCrunch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Seeing trying to travel on the London underground post lockdown trying to connect to the underground WiFi has been an absolute nightmare. Never had this problem before. In the past you would just connect to the WiFi and that was it. It would automatically connect to the WiFi at each station. Now that doesn't work. Literally every station when I try to connect I'm directed to the WiFi login screen and have to click the O2 icon and type in my phone number. By the time I've done all that the tube has left the station again anyway. And a large majority of the time it just comes back with an error message and doesn't connect anyway. It's infuriating! Has anyone else come across this and knows how to fix it?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Thanks @AshCrunch I will need to private message you.

signature
Message 11 of 12

Socrates_jgd
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To add to this I'm having the EXACT SAME ISSUE! My O2 phone now can only use WiFi Extra to connect. Trying to connect to virgin media WiFi I get the same error message..."we have encountered error and you have not been signed in"

This ALSO happens to my (WIFI ONLY)iPad. Now with both my iPad and O2 mobile I have:

Forgotten the network

Toggled autojoin off and on

Tuned off the Private Address option in the relevant SSID settings off and on

I CAN connect to O2 WiFi ok on iPad and O2 phone however. Although I am unable to delete my devices from O2 WiFi as I cannot see the correct option by using My O2. Clicking on Manage my O2 Wi-fi account under Services brings me back to the same page and doesn't give an option to remove device if it's even supposed to

Initially when the problem first started I was able to enter my mobile number on my devices after 2/3 attempts and it would be accepted so it looks like the service has been degrading for a while maybe?

Regards

Message 12 of 12